30 Day Photography Challenge-WDITT? Wednesday
Creative Exercises

I have a secret…come in closer…I’m in a HUGE photography rut right now. My 365 has fallen by the wayside and I go days without picking up my camera. Yikes!! Probably not something I should be telling you guys since I write a blog about photography but it’s true. One of my 365 buddies, Laurie, is participating in a 30 day challenge. I’m late to the game since they started a while ago but I’m going to do it. Anyone want to do it with me?? I’m starting today!! If not, no biggie, I just need to get myself out of this rut.

They are using a challenge created by White Peach Photography. Thank you for this!! I’m sure you have seen it all over Pinterest but I wanted to share it with you. I thought about creating one of my own but why reinvent the wheel :O) Plus, I figure using someone else’s challenge may spark some new creativity :O)

Here is the link to the post if you want to link up and help encourage each other :O)

source: White Peach Photography

• Trisha
    October 5, 2011 at 8:13 AM

I’ll do it with you. Clearly we’ve seen what happened w my 365. Maybe 30 days speaks more to my spirit… Plus, I still haven’t taken that self portrait so this is as good a reason as any. :)

• October 5, 2011 at 8:25 AM

fun!! I’m going to do this; post it every ten days:)

• October 5, 2011 at 8:46 AM

hey… I think I’m kind of hitting the same place (with photography)…
    I’ve tried this challenge when it was first introduced in June.
    Good luck with the challenge!

• October 6, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Thanks!!!

• October 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I saw this blog website today.
      And I thought of you (and me :)) and the creativity challenge.
      Maybe it will help? http://creativeeveryday.com/

• October 21, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Thanks! I’ll have to look into it!! I need a kick in the pants :O)

• October 5, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Oh goodness….This could have been my blog post on my blog. I am struggling with being consistant with my blog as well. I….I….(hope I can do this) am going to say I am in. :) This may be my ticket to getting me out of that rut of not being faithful to my blog ;) Thanks for sharing!!!

• October 5, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I’ll participate! I need some inspiration for my photo 365.

• October 5, 2011 at 9:49 AM

When are you starting?

• Laurie
    October 5, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Thanks or the shout out! I actually fell off of the wagon with this one. I felt it was double work bc I still wanted to capture my 365 daily life stuff in addition. And I hate selfless, and there are like 3 or 4 of them. I think I id like 20 days. Lists like these are great for a rut though! Sorr you are having one, but it happens to everyone! The holidays are coming up, ask for a macro ;) it always helps with bad days.

• October 6, 2011 at 9:40 AM

You really have me wanting a macro now. Looks like I know what my next lens will be :O) My wallet thanks you :O) he he I don’t know why you don’t like selfies…you are beautiful!

• October 5, 2011 at 10:30 AM

I’ll do it with you! I’ve been in a HUGE rut for the past couple of weeks and am dying to get out of it! :)

• October 5, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Wow I love your website! I just found it yesterday while searching for camera problems I was encountering with my newish camera and I’m in the same rut as you. I started a 365 day project and am like 50 or more days behind…bad me! So I will try this with you. Also I was wondering how do I subscribe to your website? I don’t want the text only version that it does when I press the subscribe button. I love the graphics on your website and just want an email reminder or something when you post. Thank you for your helpful hints :)

• October 5, 2011 at 10:37 AM

I officially have a bunch of cute kiddies to photograph starting tomorrow ..I would say I’ll do this challenge but, well, I suck at sticking with them! Good luck to everyone trying!

• October 6, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Enjoy your cutie pies!

• October 5, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I can always use some inspiration, so, sure, I’ll play along!

• October 5, 2011 at 11:56 AM

I hope you don’t mind me jumping in. I need an out, out of the rut as well.

• October 5, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I am in a rut too! So this will really help me out. I definitely going to do it!

• October 5, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Well, I’m no pro, but I will join in too! Your site is for beginners too anyway :) Are we linking up together anywhere?

• October 5, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Okay…I’m probably going to do this a little bit too (because how can I resist doing what you tell me? I can’t!) ! I find myself taking random pics of my kids or hubbies at night just to get my 365 done. Self portrait today…yikes!

• October 5, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Sounds like fun! I’ve been doing P52 which seemed much easier to me that P365. I’ve been contemplating doing P365 next year. Hoping this helps me get into a habit of taking a picture a day.

• October 6, 2011 at 2:56 AM

I think I’ll give it a go too!

• October 6, 2011 at 4:47 AM

TOTALLY will join this one. I love prompts- it makes me think outside the box & challenges me like nothing else. Sounds like fun.

• October 21, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I started this challenge too! I got myself in a rut… I’m on day 17.

• Dorothy Baxter
    December 10, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Thanks! Good luck to everyone trying!

• Michele Francis
    February 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I got myself in a rut… I’m on day 17. I’ve tried this challenge when it was first introduced in June. Hoping this helps me get into a habit of taking a picture a day.

• December 31, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I am considering a 365 project. It’s not so much keeping up with the pictures that’s hard for me. It’s the upload and the posting. Maybe a monthly challenge is better. I agree using someone elses challenge is better than my own. Thanks again.

January 3, 2013 at 9:27 PM

A monthly challenge is a great way to find some inspiration :)