You may or may not know but I have a serious problem…I am addicted to lenses! I LOVE them! In fact, when my family asks what I want for Christmas or my birthday they know to get me a gift card for new gear. I think they are shocked that I’m always saving up for a new lens. Yes, I have a problem. But admitting it is the first step…right???
I got a new lens a few weeks from Tamron and I’m so excited to share it with you. It’s the Tamron 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 made for Nikon, Canon, and Sony cameras. Talk about a versatile lens, I have never owned a zoom lens that covered such a wide range. You know I’m a fan of Tamron lenses since I already have the 28-75mm f/2.8 (great lens as well).
If you are looking for a great lens to use on vacation or outdoors this is a lens to look into. I took it with us to the zoo and I couldn’t believe the close ups I was able to get of the animals.
What a difference between 18mm and 270mm! Check it out!
Just a few more for you to see how wonderful this lens is.
– Light weight – This is something you don’t realize you appreciate in a lens until you carry your heavy camera and a heavy lens. You know as a mom, you have enough to carry that a lighter lens is always welcome.
– Focal Length – Like I said earlier, I’ve never had a lens that could cover so much focal length. I’m normally switching out my prime lenses so it was nice to be able to get 18mm and 270mm in one lens.
– Great for travel – As you know, I have been on vacation (am still on it) for awhile. It’s so nice to have a lens that can cover so many things so I don’t need to bring every lens I own with me.
– Variable aperture – A variable aperture is when you change the focal length of a lens and the aperture changes with it. You don’t change the aperture, the lens does. This is quite common in zoom lenses unless you buy one with a fixed aperture. The main reason this is a con for me is because if I set up all my settings and then change my focal length to capture an image and my aperture changes, then I need to take a minute to change my other settings. I’m pretty quick to change my settings but sometimes I miss the shot.
– Takes a moment to focus at the longer lengths – When shooting at 270mm it takes a couple of seconds for the lens to lock on the focus.
If you are looking for a great all around zoom lens then this is one to check out. It’s focal length is hard to beat especially for the price. Zoom lenses can be pricey so when you can find one that you can afford you need to snatch it up!
************THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED************
Tamron was more than generous to send me this lens to test out AND offer one for you guys as a giveaway! Can you believe it??? I know I am so excited for you guys!! Yay!!!
How to enter to win the
Tamron 18-270mm 3.5-6.3 lens:
1. Leave a comment stating what you would photograph with this lens. (Must do this one to be eligible to win)
3. Tell your friends about the giveaway on Facebook, Twitter or your blog. Leave a comment letting me know you did.
So you have up to 3 chances to win this lens. Be sure to leave 3 separate comments for each! You may only leave up to 3 comments.
Contest is open until Sunday 10pm (Japan Time) Sunday 8am (East Coast Time in the US). The Winner will be chosen randomly through Random.org and will be announced Monday morning Japan time. Good luck!!!
*****This giveaway is now closed********
*You must be a US resident to win this lens*
*Disclaimer: This lens was provided to me to review but the opinions are my own.*