There has been a lot of talk on the our Facebook page about potential projects for the upcoming year. I thought I would give you guys a few ideas to get you going!
1. Project 365 – This was one of the very best things I did for my photography back in 2010 when I completed my 365. I tried another one in 2011 but quiet over half way through. Check out Capture Your 365 for some great ideas of daily prompts.
2. Pick a month and shoot everyday – Does a 365 seem like too big of a commitment. Maybe you could pick a month and shoot everyday. You could use the prompt lists from Capture Your 365 for a certain month or you could do only black and white, your kids, yourself, horizontal shots. The possibilities are endless. I know my sister in the month of her birthday took a self portrait every day. I may do that with my kids birthday months this year.
3. 52 weeks – You can pick a theme for the whole project or just one for each week. You could photograph only your children, nature, still life or even yourself each week.
4. Day in the life of – I love this idea and will try and do one each month. Basically, you take photos of all the small details of your day. What a fun way to look back on how you used to spend your days.
5. Try a new skill each week – Have you taken a Clickin’ Moms workshop? Maybe you could redo the assignments each week to practice your skills. Do you have a list of skills you want to nail this month. Pick one each week or month to work on. It could be backlighting, low lighting, window light, white balance, and/or editing.
6. Photograph strangers – One of our fabulous readers is doing a project What’s Your Story by Through a Photographer’s Eye. Check out her post it’s super interesting! I love the idea of working on photographing strangers. If you aren’t outgoing like Misty maybe you could just practice street photography where you don’t have to approach your subject.
7. Photograph the Alphabet – You can pick a letter each week to focus on. You can photograph objects that start with a certain letter or even find objects that form that letter. This could be fun if you wanted to spell your last name for an entry way or your kids names for their room.
I’m doing a 52 week and will be taking on a few of these other ones to work on each month. My theme for the 52 week is to get photos of my kids together in each shot.Pin It