Wednesday I wrote a list of ways on how to feel miserable as a photographer. Today I wanted to talk about ways to feel great and inspired as a photographer. It is okay if you get in a rut and feel down but don’t wallow in your own self pity. Use it as a time to reflect and grow!
Few things to do to feel wonderful as a photographer
1. Share your images – don’t let them live on your computer. Share them on a blog, Facebook, or even better, print them and display them around your house!
2. Take on a challenge – have you tried any of our creative exercises? Maybe pick a new skill and focus on that for a week or a month.
3. Read anything you can get your hands on about photography. Even after two years, I continue to read blogs and books that focus on photography. I have two books on my side table I can’t wait to dive into – The Photographer’s Mind: Creative Thinking for Better Digital Photos by Michael Freeman and The Photographer’s Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos by Michael Freeman. If you are looking for beginner photography books check out the ones in my camera bag.
4. Take workshops – this has been by far the best way that I learn. You know I love the workshops though Clickin’ Moms. I just found out about some other workshops offered through Bella Pop. You should check them out!
5. Don’t compare yourself to others – In fact, I just saw this awesome quote the other day, “The only photographer you should compare yourself to is the one you used to be.” You can download a little poster with that quote on it here – Pure.
6. Ask for critiques and apply what you learn – Again, another huge learning factor for me is when my images are critqiued.
7. Shoot what you love. Don’t shoot for others, shoot for yourself, for your soul!
What do you do to feel great and inspired???Pin It