I had the privilege of leading the Clickin’ Moms ClickinWalk this past weekend. It was a world wide event where Clickin’Moms all over the world got together for a photowalk. I had no idea what I was doing since I had never lead or even been on a walk before. Luckily, CM had a wonderful forum for the leaders to help answer all our questions. I thought I would share some lessons I learned from the walk.
2. Next time I will pick a different type of location. The wonderful ladies gave me some great critiques after it was done and one of the girls suggested going to a less photographed location. Why didn’t I think of that? :O) What a great time to try a less obvious location when you are with other photographers who could help you see things you may not have seen on your own.
3. When a turtle crawls to you it’s scarier than it looks. This turtle decided to hop out of the pond and walk around. I decided to lay on my stomach to get a close up. I asked two of the gals to let me know when it was getting close. I had my 50mm on so obviously it looked closer in my view finder but I trusted them. When they said it was getting close, I screamed, jumped up, and the turtle jumped in the water. Oops!
4. It’s like pulling teeth to get a photographer in front of the camera. Luckily for me, Danielle was kind enough to be my model. It’s funny how when I suggested we could take pictures of each other everyone looked away, laughed, and pretended not to hear me :O) he he
5. I want a macro even more! I don’t get to go out shooting something other than my kids very often. Man, did I realize how much I would love a macro. I can just image this shot with a macro lens. Better start saving.
6. What a fun group of photographers we have on this island! It was so fun to meet some fabulous photographers. When else are surrounded by lots of people who love to talk about photography as much as you do. I hope to get to go shooting with these lovely ladies again!!