I’m so excited to announce the launch of my first ebook, The Unexpected Everyday. I created this book to challenge you to pick up your camera everyday for 30 days. Each day you are giving a skill/tip to focus on along with a prompt to document something in your kids lives.
This 30 day ebook challenge not only helps you document your kids, but will improve your photography skills along the way. Each day you are given a tip or skill to focus on, as well as a prompt, to document your kids. The tips cover technique, lighting, and composition. As a bonus, it also includes our very popular explanation of how to shoot in manual mode and suggestions for your first lens purchase.
Purchase your copy of The Unexpected Everyday here.
So many of us pick up our cameras to document the lives of our children. We want to leave a legacy of photos they will cherish for years to come. Birthdays and holidays are easy to capture since everyone has their camera, but it is the “in-between” moments that are equally special and sometimes missed. The quiet moments of them reading in their bedroom, exploring something new for the first time, or the peacefulness of a child sleeping. These are the little moments we want to freeze in time and hold onto forever. Since we can’t stop our kids from growing up, the next best thing is to document these moments.
In this ebook, I not only give you tips and skills to focus on everyday, but I give you 30 different prompts to document those special moments you don’t want to forget. I challenge you to give it a try. I promise if you pick up your camera everyday for 30 days you will definitely see an improvement in your photography skills. If 30 days seems too daunting, then instead of taking a photo daily, use the tips in a weekly project. Focus on that skill for a full week before moving onto the next.
What this book is:
- This book is for parents who want to document those in-between, everyday moments of their children’s lives.
- A resource to help you focus on your skills as you learn photography.
- Learning to capture your image correctly in-camera will help you become a better photographer as well as cut down on your editing time. These tips will help you do just that.
- It is for the beginner photographer who is tackling manual mode as they record the day to day activities of their children.
- A fun way to get out of a photography rut by giving you a 30 day challenge to get back to the basics.
What this book is not:
- A how-to guide for starting a photography business.
- A book to help you better edit your images.
Besides the prompts which will help you capture those moments you will also be improving your photography skills. You can’t help but improve if you practice everyday and if you focus on each of the skills/tips I provide you will begin to master them.
What this book covers:
Lighting – I talk about window lighting to dramatic lighting to backlighting.
Composition – I cover the basics rules of thirds as well as my favorite leading lines.
Technique – With the detailed explanation of manual mode at the beginning, I also break it down and focus on shutter speed, ISO, and aperture.
Obviously, this isn’t all that is covered but just a sample of some of the things you will learn.