As everyone sits down to make their New Year’s Resolutions, I thought instead of resolutions, since most of us break those we should set goals instead. Last year, I made a list of possible goals for you guys.
I thought this year I would share my goals instead of just suggestions.
1. Edit 15 minutes a day. I hate to admit but I have fallen behind on editing from this past year. I know though if I just set a timer and edit 15 minutes a day then I can get through lots of photos.
2. Get a macro lens and learn to use it. I think I will be able to get that lens sometime in January but I know it will take me a while to learn how to rock it. Luckily, Clickin’ Moms has some amazing tutorials on macro shooting. I will definitely be checking those out.
3. Spend 15 minutes a day on creating photo coffee table books. I started a few years ago putting all our images from a year in one huge digital book like from a company like Blurb. I have 2007 and just finished 2008 last week. I need to do 2009 before the baby is born and then 2010 and 2011 sometime as well. Yikes! I need to get busy!
4. Take at least 2 workshops through Clickin’ Moms. They have some amazing workshops lined up this year and I am already signed up for the Natural Light 201 by Megan Cieloha that starts in a couple of weeks. I also REALLY want to take the Shooting 301: Elements of Design when that one is offered again.
5. Take weekly or bimonthly photos of myself. You know I am very passionate about making sure you are in some of the photos you are taking. Do it for your kids if not for yourself. I slacked off this past year, but I want to get back into the habit this coming year.
6. Print photos monthly. Besides having the large coffee table books of each year, I want to have photos in my hands in case a child needs to take one to school or I want to put them on my magnetic boards. Ian bought me a nice photo box that holds 2000 photos. I want to fill a lot of that up this year with prints.
7. Take more photos of all my kids together. I was so adamant about making sure I had photos of each girl by themselves as they grew up. When I was going through my photos from this year for the Top 11 of 2011, I realized I didn’t have as many of them together as I would like.
I have two other goals but I am nervous to say them out loud. They are those secret goals that I want to do but if I say it out loud then I need to get my tail in gear and actually make them happen.
8. Get my photos, style, and editing consistent enough and at a level that I can apply for Clickin’ Moms Pro.
9. Create a beginners workshop to teach in person.
Yikes! Okay, I said them!!
What are your goals? Are you going to do a Project 365 or 52 week?